Monday 22 September 2008

SPOONFUL OF SUGAR CHALLENGE - Christmas is coming and Christmas/Birthday card a week challenge

Well its raining here at the moment, no surprise there. I thought the nice weather couldn't last much longer. However, we should be grateful for the wonderful weekend weather, wasn't it great? the calm before the storm no doubt! I hope you all had a nice enjoyable weekend. I seemed to be busy with little time for crafting. We went to the circus Saturday and on Sunday I sent to see a psychic, which I found very helpful.

So finally today i got round to doing some crafting. This is my entry into this weeks Spoonful of Sugar weekly challenge - Christmas is coming. To be totally honest im not sure what image this is, it was sent by my wonderful friend Jill. The papers were free in one of this months magazines. The snowflakes are a punch and the greeting came with the paper set.
I used stickles for the angels wings and sakura glaze pen for the halo. I just adore this little angel.

I am also using the card for one of my christmas cards for Karins weekly make a birthday/christmas card a week challenge. Below is my second card for the challenge. Same papers as before and the snowflake came with the papers too.

I also made this birthday card for Karins challenge. I love the Whiff of Joy stamps, one of my favourite brand of stamps just now. The papers are K & Co boxer and i have used pro markers to colour in the image.




The wings are coloured with stickles. Ribbon trim is from Anitas and lace from a haberdashery shop.


Well thats me done for today, I don't think ill have much time for crafting this evening as its my eldest sons 19th birthday and we are all off out for a meal to celebrate. Hope you all have an enjoyable evening, big hugs Linda x



28 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards such cute images, Thanks for playing along this week. Hugs Debbie x

Sammie said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards. Your week seems to have started well.
Love,
SammieJay

Rach said...

wow you have been busy, gorgeous cards, the papers and images looks fabulous. hugs rachxx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards as always Linda :o)

Have a lovely meal & hope your son has a great birthday.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Linnie said...

your cards are just lovely they are sooo yummy.

luv
linnie

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Really beautiful cards Linda...the first one is stunning - this is an angel image by Judikins and I love them - there is also a peeking angel too. Love the colours and papers.

And a really scrummy birthday card - fab colours and papers....xx

Macpurp said...

lovely cards!
have a great family meal xx

Anita said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards! You make such wonderful cards I wished I lived in the UK so we could craft together!!! Somehow I don't think my hubby would allow me to just fly over for a craft day!!!!

http://stampinwithanita.com/

Zoe said...

oooh i have been looking forward to you posting these - and they have outshone my expectations!! These are fabulous honey!!

Have a gorgeous meal :)

Zoe x x

Helena said...

Beautiful work on all cards you are a busy lady!

xxxx

Debbie said...

Great selection of cards you have made - wonderful. Lovely papers too and fabby images. :) :)

Thanks for visiting my blog. ;) :)

xxDebbiexx

Sonia said...

I love them all, especailly the first one, so cute.
sonia x

Maya said...

OMG!!
You have done some fab cards here,Linda!
I totally love them all,but specially the WOJ card,that was stunning!

Hugs from Maya :)

carolann said...

Awesome work hun well done beautiful cards xxxxx

tracie said...

oh wow Linanna these are all gorgeous and so cute - love them all :)x

Dawny P said...

You've been sooo busy. I couldn't pick a fave from those cos they are all lovely xx And thank you for your nice words yesterday on my blog re Richard going away. I really appreciated it hunny xxxx

Donalda said...

Wow girl!!!!! You have sure been busy!!!! I so love all your cards dear they are gorgeous. Just beautiful work dear.

Donalda said...

You have been tagged dear
Here

Fiorella said...

Lovely cards Linda! Have a great time with your family and a very happy birthday to your son!!!! Hugs

Trina said...

Gorgeous!! I just love the whiff of joy images, and that x-mas card is adorable too. I love how you put together the different papers and the image is so sweet! Thanks for joining our challenge!

Sally said...

Great cards, so pretty, love the lace/ribbon, may have to invest in some now!!! ;)
Sally. x

cats whiskers said...

What great cards live them all, that little Angel is a stamping my Judikins and is available at Stamp Addicts, so cute isn't it
Hugs Jacqui x

Murielle said...

WOW....This is marvellous production!!!
You cards are splendid!
I love the composition of couleurs and details.
Hugs, Mumur

Aija said...

Oh, so many beautiful cards you have done lately! Very delicated, you are so talented!
Thanks for the wishes :)
Aija

Simone P. said...

Love all of the cards! I love the Elisabeth Bell one of course! I purchased her too. And have her inked up but not yet colored in! Great attention to detail!
Hugs,
Simone P.

Mel said...

Wow, fantastic cards! Love the little angel :)
And thanks for your comment!
Hugz, Mel

nessy said...

fantastic cards ~you have been a busy bee ~ hope i can post this today!!(as you know it won`t let me)
vanessa xx

Jill said...

Linda these are stunning I love them all Jill x

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...