Tuesday 28 December 2021

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

 

Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, before Covid really took hold of our reality.  This trip had been a last minute decision and the timing was so apt I am still astonished just how the universe works.  Almost two years on, and my journey has been literally transformational.  


I lost my mum almost 7 years ago and since then my crafting had been very hit and miss, I would start and lose interest.  Fast forward to August 2021, and I felt guided to start my crafting again, having already given away much of my stash, I was drawn back to TV shopping.  Hmmmmmm that's the reason I decided to come back to my blogging and share my experiences with you.




                                                Happy Birthday Mother-in-Law


So after a break from crafting, this was a quick card that I made for my mother-in-laws birthday in October.  I must admit I forgot the joy I found in cutting and playing with paper xxx







For me at this moment, I am continuing on my spiritual journey and my intention is to share that journey with you whilst going back to the love of all things pretty.

I also want to address the reason many of us turn to crafting, and for me it went way deeper than just being creative.  It was a form of escapism, and time to completely free my mind, it saved me through many dark moments of my life, as some of you will already be aware.  I want to share my experiences and would love to hear about yours too.

I also want to use my creative side to help others, so my intention is to make cards to sell for charity and also to do give aways especially to help those who may not have the financial resources to enjoy this craft.

If anyone is local to me and I am near Colchester, Essex, I am considering starting up a monthly group to share my skills and my stash, if you are not in a position to buy a die cutting machine or dies, you are welcome to use mine.

I will also be doing tutorials at least once a month, where we can do a live on Facebook, the card I make will be given away and there will be a chance to participate in a raffle for a prize that will be shown a week earlier.  I want everyone to be able to afford to participate so it will be done on a donation basis of a minimum of £1.00 per entry.  All money raised will be going to charity.  I will be publishing the charities in the next few weeks.

The first live will be scheduled for the middle of January, please watch out for more details.  I will also be putting up another giveaway for anyone who shares this post on any social media platform.  For each link you set up you will be given one entry, you will need to email me your links to littlepopits@aol.com so I can confirm them.

Crafting is a great way to help children escape from the pressure of their daily lives, with the arrival of Covid, many children are suffering right now, lets get them creating too, and talking.  I hope my channel is going to inspire children to let their creativity run wild and for them to have a place to talk freely to open up about their feelings.  I want to build a loving, caring, compassionate community and I hope you will join me there.

So much love and gratitude.  Happy Crafting xxxxxx


No comments:

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...