Monday 6 October 2008

Swap club wk 19/Birthday Celebrations

Well another week ahead, where is the time going??! I can't believe the weekend is over already, it just flew by! As always I never got round to do the crafting i'd planned to do. Typically, I started a full blown cold on Sunday which was not the best of timing as it was Jasmines birthday party! We were invaded by 5 of her school friends mid-day Sunday till early afternoon, I shouldn't be unkind, they were infact very well behaved. Lots of singing, dancing, laughing and running up and down the stairs, however, did not help my aching head!! It was light relief when they did finally go home and I could settle on the settee with a cuppa and a slice of cake - hmmmm!

So I never managed to do any crafting yesterday, but I have managed to make a quick card for my wk 19 Fall swap card run by the ever wonderful Karin. I have to send this out as its late. Now i can get started on this weeks swap which is Circles. Anyone interested in joining in would be most welcome, I adore receiving cards through the post, its always lovely to see other peoples beautiful work.

I used one of the tilda autumn stamps from the stamp club, coloured her in using my pro-markers. The yellow paper is a set from Joanna Sheen, not sure which one I believe it was a lace selection. Rusty paper from the Boxer set of Basic Grey. Prima leaves and flowers, pearls and ribbon from stash.


HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY JASMINE
Here is my darling daughter blowing out her candles. She's actually 10 today, I can't believe it , my baby is 10 years old!! The years have flown, and I have to admit im constantly shocked at the little changes in her, that remind me, yes, she is growing up. We now look like we could be needing specific underwear soon, and we have pimples on our face and of course the mood swings have already kicked in!!! Hormones certainly have something to answer to, poor David is thinking of moving out, he says he can't face two pre-menstrual women!

We had the school birthday party yesterday and today we have friends round for tea, so looks like there will be little time for crafting again today!

Hope you all have a great week and im look forward to seeing what wonderful creations you all come up with. If you have been waiting for an email from me, I will be in touch, as you know I have been having trouble with my internet and I seem to have lost some mail, but I promise I will be in touch soon. Hugs Linda x

28 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like Jasmine had a great time, your a very kind mummy having a party and birthday tea,i laughed when you said about her wanting certain underwear, i too have a 10 year old that is looking this underwear but to be honest she doesn't need it yet and i don't have the heart to tell her lol. Oh the joy's of motherhood. Thankyou for your kind remarks regarding my son, i passed your message on to him. Donna x

Annie said...

love the warm autumnal colours on your Tilda card, and hope your cold doesn't hang around too long. hugs, annie x

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday Jasmine! Glad she had a nice party. Hopefully you can get down to some serious crafting this week lol. Your card for the swap is gorgeous, lovely autumnal colours.

Hope your cold is soon better.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Natalie said...

I love your card, great colour and cute Tilda. My eldest is 8 at the weekend and I can't believe how quick he has grown. x

simplyfairies said...

Happy brithday Jasmine......

A quick card, well this is beautiful, it sure don't look quick...lol

Diane.W. said...

Your card is gorgeous.
Jasmine sounds like she had fun & luv your Toile curtains!!! :o)x

Chris said...

Great card, love the image and lovely colours. I'm glad Jasmine had a lovely party, looks like they had great fun. Sorry you have a wretched cold, take care and hope you're better soon. Chris x

Alison said...

Beatiful card love the autumn colours. Belated birthday wishes to Jasmine. Hope you feel better soon!

Debbie said...

Hello my friend hope you are well. Your card is beautiful Linda and I love the soft autumnal colours that you have used. Jasmine looks like she enjoyed her birthday...don't they grow up so quickly

Simone P. said...

Looks like a great party Linda! I hope you do get a little rest and lots of vitamin c! I love the card!

Macpurp said...

hope you feel better soon, Happy Birthday to you Jasmine.

the card you made is lovely xx I love the colours on it!


xxxx

maddy hill said...

yep that does sound to me like the hormones - my girls are 18 and 20 lol i like to hide for two weeks in every month, and thats with one of them living 70 miles away ! lol hehee !

hope jasmine had a wonderful 10th birthday xxx

Michele said...

Lovely card Linda, the wings look great on the Tilda. Hope your daughter had a great birthday.

Thanks for your lovely comment.

Michele
x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the colour combo. I am so pleased Jasmine enjoyed her party. I have 2 teenage daughters, those hormones have a lot to answer for!!! Hope your cold will be better soon

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Beautiful card Linda.....love the warm colours - really stunning!

Hope your daughter had a great time..and that you feel better xx

mueppi said...

Beautiful card!
I love the autumn colours.
Belated birthday wishes to Jasmine.
Hugs Gisela

Elaine ♥ said...

Love the autumnal feel to your card Linda, very pretty, looks like Jasmine had a fab time on her birthday :)

Elaine x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Linda, its so pretty :) Happy Birthday to Jasmine, looks like she is having a ball :) Donna x

Jill said...

Hi Linda,glad Jasmine enjoyed her party and your card is gorgeous, love the colours and those flowers and leaves, fab colouring Hugs Jill x

Lynsey said...

Hi Linda, I love your card, perfect for the theme of fall. Sorry to hear you are full of cold, hopefully it clear up soon. Glad your daughter's party went well.
Hugs Lynsey :)

Gina said...

That High school cake looks very yummy :) looks like Jasmine has had a good birthday "Belated Happy Birthday", sorry to be nosy but love your curtains :)
Great card too of course, love the autumn colours
Gina xxx

Donalda said...

Oh I know she had a great time looked like a lot of fun dear.
Love your card. It is just gorgeous dear

Kathy said...

What a pretty card!! The colors are fab and your coloring is pretty too!! Love all your details!! :)Kathy

Fiorella said...

Happy birthday to Jasmine from Italy!!!!

ella bella said...

beautiful card love the colours and fabulous layout.
hope you are starting to feel better
Tracy x

Maya said...

Awww this card is stunning,Linda!!
Love it!!

And congratulations to you`re daughter :)

Hugs from Maya :)

Sammi said...

Oooh.. that is an absoultely gorgeous card!! Love the Autumn colours and image!! Happy Birthday to Jasmine!!

Aija said...

You have had such a lovely looking party! That age is so good :)
You think you are able to do what ever you want :))))
Such a cute card also, love that image, looks so beautiful.
Hugs
Aija

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...