Monday 20 October 2008

MORE CARDS /AWARDs - Thank you



Can you believe its Wednesday already? where has the week gone? I am struggling to find time to craft this week, this colds really takings its toll. I generally seem to be up all night one day and then in bed by 9pm the following day - totally exhausted. I've not been the only one not sleeping i've noticed comments being left at very odd hours in the morning ladies!! Putting my cold aside i have had a good week so far, still no accidents in the car (thank goodness) , and no really traumas from my eldest son this week (he is going through adolescence and has been the child from mars - completely unrecognizable!) . If anyone has any tips on this I would be really pleased to hear them, its come as a total shock to us, and we are not handling it too well I would appreciate any input ont this?!




Two more days and Jasmine finishes for half term week, im sooo looking forward to the more relaxed mornings, although we do seem to have a busy week ahead. Last night we had Jasmines parent/teacher interview. We are thrilled to hear that she is settling in this year. Last year we were told how quiet and reserved she was and how they would like to see her being more active within the class. This year she's gained confidence and is far more active within class discussions, and I must admit i've noticed her confidence growing in various areas. I can't tell you how pleased I am. A child of mine that actually likes school - brilliant!!




So amongst the coughing I have managed to make a couple of cards, although I am not completely happy with the end result of a couple of them.




This card was using one of my new Pollycraft stamps, which I absolutely love! If you havn't been over to the site its well worth a visit, with loads of beautiful downloads and a nice selection of stamps. I must add the service is second to none, I received my stamps within 24 hours! The papers were from prima and the ribbon and glass beads are from my own stash. I used mulberry flowers to add dimension to the stamped image flowers.


The next three cards were made using the same sugar nellie stamp and the same sheet of backing paper. The paper is a design from Chloe's Closet - Afternoon Tea. Flowers, ribbons and glass baubles are from my own stash.


So hope you all have a good day, and look forward to visiting your blogs later this evening. Hugs for now Linda x



AWARDS RECEIVED THANK YOU
I received this award from the lovely Debbie and Jo. I am suppose to pass it on to 6 blogs, but there are so many wonderful blogs out there I don't have the heart to pick just 6 so it is to each and everyone one of you that visit me. Thank you.



I received this award today from Donalda, thank you so much hun, its so kind of you.



The rules of the award are:

1. The winner can put the logo on their blog
2. Link the person you received your award from.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.

4. Put links of those blogs on yours

5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated

I have decided to give this award to everyone who visits my blog.


I also received this award from Diane. Thank you Diane I have to pass the award on to 6 people now this isn't easy, so I have decided to pass on to blogs I have only recently discovered, so they are:-

Rheannon
Mada
Heidi
Tanja
Amanda
Lesley

22 comments:

Allison said...

such adorable cards
AllisonX

Sue said...

Linda these cards are all stunning,i love all of them. Tell Jasmine were proud of her adn hugs to you too darl:-)

sue
xx

Maya said...

OMG!!!
You have been busy!!
So many beautiful cards!
I love them :)

Hugs from Maya.

mueppi said...

Linda,
your cards are so pretty!
I love them!
Hugs Gisela

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Linda and fab stamps :)

Marlene x

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, love them all! Can't wait for half term either! Louise x

CraftyC said...

Hello Linda, you have been busy, I'm lucky if I can make more than 1 card a day ATM. Well done to Jasmine, and as for hormones, I've a 13yr old who thinks shes 21! What happened to Barbie dolls? Now its money, makeup and whats hot!!(Lol)
Clairex

Sew This N That said...

Great cards Linda :0)
The only advise I can give you towards your adolescent is count to 10 and remember this time will pass....oh and stock up on hair dye to keep covering the grey or else the kids think they have won lol :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Hi Linda - so sorry I haven't been around this week.....hope you are feeling a bit better this evening....they say sleep is best so sleep when you feel sleepy!...

These are gorgeous cards..all so different and all so pretty!!

Re the teenage years - I'm dreading it!! ...that's when I'll be coming to you - hee! Mind you, Caitlin is only 4 so it's a way off yet.

Take it easy....xx

Becky said...

Wow! Such gorgeous cards Linda, I love that you've made 3 different cards from the same products, they look fab! Hope the cold is better and that you are getting through to your son a bit better...
Love Becky xx

Andrea, said...

Oh these are gorgeous, I love your new stamps.

Mada said...

Fantastic cards, Linda, I love them all!

What an inspiration to make three cards at once with the same stamp and DP and still manage to make them look so different - Great job! :)

I am so thrilled to be working with you on the "Just Christmas and Birthday Cards" DT! It's a great honour for me to be among such talented crafters.

THANK YOU for the award! Wow! I feel much too spoiled and somehow undeserving. Apologies for not noticing it sooner, I am not very active over the week :(
On weekends I usually catch up with everyhting... including crafting.

Hugs,
Mada

strawberry fields said...

Hi Linanna

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. I really like your cards. You've made so many in one go....busy lady :)
I'll keep an eye on your blog
Fiona

Bev said...

Congrats on your awards Linda! These cards are all stunning!!

hugs Bev x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous cards Linda. Hugs, Lainy xx

Sharon said...

Some lovely cards there. Really pretty.

Emma said...

These are all gorgeous cards Linda. Well done on the awards you have received.
Emma x

Steph said...

Oh wow! These are gorgeous cards, Linda! I love all the backing papers you've used on them, they really are stunning. Hope your cold is better soon. I'll reply to your email later this week when I have a bit more time to reply fully ! x
ps craft room is coming along a treat!

Paula said...

Hi Linda,

I love them all!! I love that you have made 3 with the same products, yet still made them look so different!
Congrats on the awards xx
Paula xx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards linda and how lucky am I as I received one of them from you, congratualtions on your awards you deserve everyone of them my friend Jill x

Debbie said...

Oh wow Linda you have been busy! Your cards are all gorgeous, your colouring is beautiful and I love the pretty papers and embellis. Debbie x

Hope your cold is getting better and RE the teenagers...they all seem to go through this phase and it will pass...in a couple of yaers or so...lol

carolann said...

Awesome cards hun well done xxxxxxx

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...