Monday 6 October 2008

Karins Birthday weekly challenge/blog candy

Good morning, infact I think ill re-phrase that, morning! Its dark and miserable outside my window just now, so nothing really good about it. The last birthday celebration is tonight Jasmine has her little friend from school round for tea - Olivia, she is only 4 and Jasmine has taken her under her wing at school!! She didn't want to share her, so we have to have her for tea on her own! This seems a drawn out birthday, my darling daughter knows how to make the most of it!! I don't mind, after all they grow up so quickly, a few more years and she wont want a party!
So my friends are you all working on your christmas cards? or are you like me need a little bit of spurring on? are you always running out of birthday cards to send? well why not join Karins Birthday/Christmas weekly challenge.
KARINS BIRTHDAY /CHRISTMAS WEEKLY CHALLENGE
This card was made using papers from a DCWV paper stack, I coloured in dear Edwin with my pro-markers and the ribbon and buttons are from my stash.



This birthday card was made using papers from the Boxer basic grey papers, the image was one of my images from the lovely Sally-Ann. Again coloured with my pro-markers and some elements highlighted with glossy accents. Flowers are of course Prima and the glass baubles from my own stash. The sentiment is one from Craftwork Cards.


My lovely friend Karin has started a new weekly challenge . To join in you must follow the sketch which will be posted every Monday and make one birthday and one christmas card. Its that simple. To celebrate this she is also offering some blog candy. Go over and check it out for yourself and come and join in the fun.

This weeks sketch was a fun one to use and these cards took me less than an hour to make, thank you Karin for the much needed inspiration! At this rate ill get through all those christmas cards without much trouble now.


Hugs Linda x

15 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Linda,

your cards are fabulous. Love both of them.
Thanks for promoting the new blog and the candy.
Good luck in the draw.

Have a great day.
xoxo Karin

Sammi said...

These cards are both great Linda!! I'll have to go and check out Karin's blog! Thanks for visiting mine :)
Sammi
xxx

Rach said...

two fabulous cards Linda, love them both...sounds like your daughter has really enjoyed her birthday.. hugs Rachxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two fabulous cards Linda and your colouring is beautiful, Hugs, Nikki x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, wonderful work using the sketch.

Debbie said...

Wow you have been busy again Linda! Gorgeous cards and beautiful colouring as always. {{hugs}} Debbie x

nessy said...

fabby cards linda ~ looks like you have been busy ~ just gorgeous
vanessa xx

Natalie said...

Both these cards are lovely. x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Lovely cards Linda....you are a busy bee! .....and what's that in the background? Looks like a craft shop!!

Re my paper cutter - I've got a cutter and hand cutter from Create and Craft (their own make) - got it yonks ago and you can change the blades between the two...even comes with a scorer blade! Found that out last night when I couldn't cut - doh!

Hope your daughter had a lovely tea yesterday....you are a kind and thoughtful Mummy..xx

Camilla said...

Ohh two gorgeous cards!! Love your use of buttons:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Anonymous said...

your card are beautiful !!!!

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Linda, they are just stunning, I love the colours and colouring on both Hugs Jill x

Bev said...

I can't keep up with you!!! Another two stunning creations Linda

hugs Bev x

carolann said...

Beautiful cards hun xxxxx

Aija said...

These are georgeous also. I have been quite busy lately but hoping to have some time tomorrow to stamp some images :))
Big hugs,
Aija

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...