Sunday 19 October 2008

B-day, X-mas card weekly challenge 3/Friday Sketchers Challenge

FRIDAY SKEETCHERS WEEKLY CHALLENGE

I adore this weeks sketch over on friday sketchers. I have decided to use this sketch for a bunch of christmas cards that I am currently working on. This is my entry, I am not sure where the papers are from, they come from one of my very generous blogging friends. The image of course is one of the beautiful whiff of joy images, still my favourite stamps at the moment. I used my cuttlebug embossing folder for the cirlce and the flowers are of course prima. The star gems inside from paper cellar. The image itself coloured using pro markers.



B-DAY AND X-MAS CARD WEEKLY CHALLENGE
Good morning and hope you are enjoying the start of another week! Can you believe its Monday again already? Well you know what that means, another b-day x-mas card weekly challenge. This weeks its a simple sketch made by me, never done this before so apologies for the poor quality! Thought i'd keep it simple, as the idea of the challenge is to build up a stash of birthday and christmas cards, so we don't wan't to spend too much time on each one. Hope you like it and can do something special with it.


This card is using one of the Elzybels stamps, I love these adorable reindeers.


For anyone who hasn't used these stamps, I have to say I am so impressed with the crips inked images each and every time!
Have used pro markers to colour with some crystal lacquer highlights. Ribbon from Poppicrafts and papers not actually sure, sorry.

Isn't this dragon adorable? It is from a company called Lilac Lemon Designs there are other dragon designs amongst other innovative stamps. I have used papers from the simply elegant PM pack, I love the colours in this. Flowers of course from Prima and the glass baubles from my stash. Images coloured with pro-markers.

I hope you will join us in this weeks challenge. We have a small prize up for grabs so go over to the challenge blog and find out more. Here.


Happy crafting and thank you for taking the time to pop by my blog again. Hugs Linda x

31 comments:

cats whiskers said...

3 lovely cards and yur sketch is fab, love the matthew card such beautiful colours you have used on it. and That Dragon stamp is so cute
Hugs Jacqui x

Pop's Cards said...

You have had a busy weekend hun, gorgeous makes, very inspiring, i have tried to mail you 3 times and its bounced back, dont know if it is you or me...
Hope your well, massive hugs for you love Pops x x x x

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, those reindeer are so cute

Crafting Queen said...

These are beautiful cards, really like the paper used in the first one!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Han said...

Gorgeous cards you have been busy - such cute reindeer. Hope you are ok after your accident last weekn hugs han xx

Sue said...

Hi Linda, oh my you have been busy and all of these are absolutely wonderful.Gorgeous choice of papers and colours and i will add a fabby sketch too,i'll try and make time :)

hugs to ya :)

sue
xx

Natalie said...

Great cards. x

clare said...

all 3 cards are so cute..love the reindeer one with those lovely papers..and that bow,i wish i could tie bows like that..lol
hope your well xxx love clarexx

Gina said...

3 Beautiful cards Linda, love them all :)
Gina xxx

Sew This N That said...

3 beautiful cards :0)
I have saved your sketch, will try it later x
**Hugs** Heather x

Mary Dawn said...

that dragon is too cute! but all of them are wonderful, i love seeing your posts

Diane.W. said...

Your cards are all luvly.
I have an award on my blog for you :o)x

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Great cards!! They look all 3 beautiful. Thanks for joining us at FS!! Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

Allison said...

lovely cards
AllisonX

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

These are all fabulous Linda...all so different and all so stunning....wonderful cards...xx

Unknown said...

Linda, all I can say is what a gorgeous set of cards...lovin the dragon stamp.

Manna said...

These are all beautiful cards, Linda! Love the sketches!

Anonymous said...

Love your all of your cards Linda...and your sketch is perfect!Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole :-)

Donna said...

Fabulous Cards Linda, you've been busy and how did i miss the bday xmas card challenge, never knew about it, have added to my list now though, Take care. Donna x

Becky said...

Wow! They are all gorgeous cards Linda! You've been very busy crafting and you've made them all perfectly!
Love Becky xx

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

These are all fabulous cards...and each one so different!! Gorgeous ♥

Rach said...

gorgeous cards Linda, so sweet all of them. great colouration. hugs rachxx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow so many lovely cards ,fabulous work ,Dawnxx

Donna said...

2 gorgeous cards Linda, I love the papers you have used and I love your little dragon, he so has the cute factor :) Donna x

Sue Shaw said...

Oooooo I am totally in love with your dragon card.......I adore dragons! The papers, flowers ...everything is just fab!!
Sue. x

carolann said...

Fantastic cards hun they are gorgeous hun well done xxxx

Michele said...

What lovely cards Linda, I especially love the pale blue colours on the first one.

Michele
x

Tammi said...

What wonderful cards, you've been busy! And amazing sketch, will have to try it out. :) xx

Gina said...

gorgeous cards Linda and a great sketch too :)
Gina xxx

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, I'm hoping I'm going to have time to join in with the Just Christmas & Birthday challenge again this week. Love your sketch :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Jill said...

wow Linda 2 gorgeous cards and I love the sketch and will make a card using this sketch it's fab well done hugs Jill x

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...