Monday 26 January 2009

B-Day, X-mas card Challenge Week 16 and a Bonus Prize




Good morning and welcome to another week at the JCBC challenge. This weeks sketch is by our lovely talented Mada. It has been an absolute Joy to work with, thank you Mada.

The birthday cards I made this week is using one of the fabulous pink petticoat downloads. I have coloured it in using my SU brush markers, and hightlighted the flower on hippos bum with diamond glaze. " Does my bum look big in this?" how many times have i asked my OH that question????!!! far too many to keep count. If my bum looked as cute as this i wouldn't care about the size of it!



My christmas card is using an image that was sent to me via a RAK unfortunately i can not remember who sent the RAK so sorry! I've coloured in the image using my pro-markers and the papers are from a DCWV stack i believe. The sentiment is from craftwork cards and the brads are from Elements by American Crafts. I have about 10 christmas cards done now, at this rate ill be done before June, great, as i will be sick of them by then!



So why don't you give it a go this week and follow this fab sketch with the chance of winning another fabulous prize!

The Dt and myself all enjoy visiting your blogs and seeing your wonderful creations.
As a bonus this week for everyone who enters the challenge you will be put into a draw and the winner hand picked by my daughter will receive a wallet folder containing some stamped up images of the new "Smirk" images available from Trimcraft. A gift from me to you.
This is the prize on offer to this weeks winner.


So i've been trying to build up a stock of cards so im ready for birthdays this year, this is a card using my favourite Melianda image.

Another card using a fabulous image by Rubber Romance. I adore this up to date images, very girly and fabulous for those special friends.


Some of you will know that i've been struggling to come up with valentine cards, well you'll be pleased to know, im still struggling, i just can't get myself motivated, and the MOJO has completely run dry.

With alot of sitting, and staring into space, these are a few cards that i scraped together. I adore this cute stamp that came free in one of the monthly magazines, newton bear is adorable, dont you think? i paper pieced the heart, what do you think?

This is another one of the fabulous Sall-Anns downloads. I adore this cute dog, where can i get one of these??!

Yes, i know, i have already broken my new years resolution to buy no crafting stash, but then you all knew i would anyway. Im still working on my other new years resolution though, to get organized. Its a slow process but i think im making progress!!


So this new Smirk range, is quite cute dont you think? and so reasonably priced. Wooden backed stamps at 99p each, i couldn't not buy a couple could i, after all it would be rude not to at that price!! i brought a pack of papers too but i was a bit disappointed in them as they are quite busy, will need to think how to use them best. My hair looks like this in the mornings, and i love a bath, but there is no way you could get someone else in the bath with me these days!

Will be back mid week with more of these cute smirk designs, so as they say "watch this space!"


So thats it from me for today, hope you have a good week ahead. Hugs for now Linda x

36 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been busy again Linda. All fab cards, love them all, and the valentine's cards are so sweet and cute. Have a good day.

Joanne x

Heather "Hev" said...

Linda, Linda, Linda!!

You are WAY to hard on yourself - you are AMAZING!!!!

Magnificent cards - and I loove Mada's sketch :)

Have a fabulous day!!

amanda stokes said...

wow what a fab selection of cards...you have been busy!Ive just had a go at the JCBC sketch it was a fab one to work with!have a good day hugs amanda xx

Rach said...

wow linda these are beautiful...so gorgeous. well don hun..hugs rachxx

debby4000 said...

Wow gorgeous cards you've been busy.

Chris said...

My goodness you've been so busy Linda and all your cards are stunning! I would never have thought you didn't have any mojo for the valentine cards as they're so beautiful! Love all your images, papers and designs. Chris x

cats whiskers said...

What a great collection of beautiful cards love all the images and the fabby colours
Hugs Jacqui x

Joey said...

wow, busy bee!!! your cards are all fabulous hun, my fave is the bear with the hearts valentine so cute!. joeyxxx

Rleen said...

WOW! You really busy my sweet friend. I love your idea to build up a stocks of cards and ready to give. I should do that too.

Your cards are STUNNING! I love them all.... Thank you for sharing all your amazing creations.

I'll email you tomorrow :)

Hugs,
Arlene

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Linda, well girl you have been a busy bee havent you. Lovely selection of cards love the hippo one and the shopping girl especially. I know what you mean about the Smirk papers there is only a couple in the pack that can be used for backing most of the rest are very busy arent they.
Lyndsey xx

mueppi said...

Wow.... Linda
you have been very busy!!!!
I love all your works!
hugs Gisela

tiggertastic said...

What fantastic work, you have been so busy Linanna.

i have fallen in love with the hippo, her little bum is so sweet.

and the dog card is excellent, another lovely image finished so well with the colours and layouts

sarah x

Donna said...

Oh my goodness Linda!! How do you do it? And everyone of them is stunning. I managed 1 over the weekend lol. Will be e mailing you later, have to help my sister move house first. Donna x

Donna said...

Ok remember we were talking about having a bad memory? well, I came over to tell you that I have 'tagged' you but forgot by the time I got here lol. So pop over to my blog to see what you have to do. Donna x

Helena said...

WOW, some fantsatic cards!!!! and wow you have been busy!! Jeez if I could get two made I would be happy, lol!!!!

BTW there is an award for you on my blog!
xxxx

Lesley said...

well u have been busy...lol...they are all adorable and i totally agree with u about the new Smirk range they are sooo cute....take care huni...luv n hugs Lesley xxx

Mel said...

Linda, you've been so busy creating lots of fabulous cards, can't say which is my favourite because they're all so great as usual ~ Mel x

Annie said...

wow you have been busy - that new craft room must be inspiring you! and maybe you might shame me into making a Christmas card this week for the JCBC blog .. .. maybe! hugs, annie x

Liza said...

Wow Linda, you have been busy! Gorgeous cards.

Liza x

Wendy said...

Well certainly looks like you've been busy and everyone of them lovely.
Wendy x

Becky said...

Wow Linda! I've just gone through all your cards which you've made this past week and they are all so gorgeous!! You are so on a roll, having your craft room moved must have been a very good move!! Love them all!!
Love Becky xx

Marcea said...

Wonderful cards again hun - glad you managed to have a play with your new smirk goodies too. Have left something for you on my blog hun
-x-

Deb said...

oh my goodness, Linda, how do you do it? so many fabulous cards, just amazing, hope you have a great week too hun!

Donna said...

Wow Linda what a fab selection of cards and all so different in design and colour, well done you :) Donna x

Anonymous said...

Waaahhhooooh Linda.You have been busy..I love all your cards everyone of them!!!...tfs
Have a lovely Tuesday:)~X~

Stampin'Piper said...

Linda, you've been sooo busy! Great job! I love them all!

Big Hugs Tanja

Riet said...

o Linda what a beautiful cards.

ze zijn schitterend.

hugs Riet.xxx

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Oh Linda, so lovely are your cards! your move must have been really good for you darling! So nice to talk to you yesterday! felt like I have known you all my life! Take care and speak to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow Linda, you have been busy!! :)
they all look gorgeous and it looks like you are getting well ahead with your cards for this year!

Hugs, Marlene x

Michele Roos said...

WOW you've been busy. Fantastic selection of cards. There's a little something on my blog for you. Michele x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

You busy busy bee! what lovely cards, I just love them all. The hippo does remind me of someone! Oh its my bottom, lol. I haven't forgotton you, promise oh dear friend! Have had a manic weekend and to top it all I have hurt my wrist, have come out in sympathy with Susie! Having trouble typing but wanted to leave you a mail as I did promise to post you a letter. It will be done and out to you soon, Heidixxx

nessy said...

how many cards linda ~sure you don`t have some little elves working for you at night (while you sleep)??
they are all amazing ~stunning work!!
vanessa xx

LOUISE said...

Gosh Linda, you certainly have been a busy bee! Love all the cards. The Valentines cards are all great, no problem with your MOJO. Have a great week! Louise x

LOUISE said...

Hi Linda, me again. You have been Tagged, check out my Blog for details. Thanks Louise x

Emma said...

More amazing cards...you have been very busy.
Emma x

Frau Ninchen said...

wow-you´ve been busy!
great cards!

xoxo janina

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...