Tuesday 26 May 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge Wk 11 - Flowers and Happy Birthday

I trust everyone has had an enjoyable bank holiday weekend and Memorial Day (for US readers). Well it looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse again, it is raining cats and dogs outside!!!!! quite appropriate as later this morning i am off to look at a dog. Will explain that later on.

We celebrated my sons 18th birthday over the weekend, where have the last 18 years gone? i couldn't get a photo of him as he hid everytime i got the camera out!!

At the moment im feeling quite on top of things but im not sure how long that is going to last. I can't believe i have made challenge cards this weekend. Anyway the first is my Sugar bowl Challenge Card.



SUGAR BOWL CHALLENGE WK 11
I am certainly cutting it fine with my entry into this weeks Sugar Bowl Challenge week 11, and what a fabulous sketch by the wonderful Kathy. I am definately going to be using this one again and again.
I decided to use up the rest of my papers by Making Memories in this particular range (whose name i don't know!). These papers were just a dream to work with!
The gorjuss girl image is one i had pre coloured on holiday.

I have attempted to write the text, hope it doesn't look too awful!

I am loving my Martha Stewart border punch as you can see!


Corners are a Revolution die cut




The inside of my car decorated, as i am loving the idea of the card being special both inside and out.




BIRTHDAY WISHES

Bank holiday was my friends sons birthday, this is the birthday card i made for him. I have decided to use this image for some of my fathers day cards this year with a caption like "Dad you still Rock!" what do you think? I always struggle with mens cards, so will be checking out your blogs for some inspiration!

This is a wonderful Pink petticoat download and papers from a HOTP pad. Those papers are yummy!



I hope you all have a lovely day will be back this afternoon with my Creative Card Crew challenge DT card, enjoy your morning.
Hugs Linda x






22 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, gorgeous cards Linda. x

Moni said...

So gorgeous cards Linda, love the images and the papers! Hugs, Moni

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful images and papers.
luv
Debby

nessy said...

yes at last i can write a comment ~don`t know what happened linda but the old blogger over the last few days ~would not let me write on your blog again!!
so here goes !!
gorgeous cards linda , you have been busy ~ glad you had a great weekend and enjoyed all the photos and previous cars you have shown!!
still no scholl runs this week ~have to say the weather is so sunny and warm down here on the dorset coast!!
have a good day
vanessa xx

Nannieflash said...

Morning Linda, well I see you have been extremely busy with your beautiful cards, I hope that you are ok and enjoying being back in harness again. Take care lots of love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Linda, I love the papers on the first one so pretty, beautiful colouring, glad you're feeling ok hugS Jill xx

jo said...

wow gorgeous cards hun.huggs jo x

Kazabing said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda. Colours on 1st card are fab. Glad you are feeling OK.
Hugs
Kaza.xxx

cats whiskers said...

Morning sweetie 2 fab cards again love the green and pink one my fav colour combo. Hope you had a great weekend, we have rain and more rain here and I have got to go to the Village today (half hours walk each way)
Hugs Jacqui x

amanda stokes said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card Linda!I have had those paper's year's and still not used them lol maybe i will now,you have inspired me :)
hugs amanda x

Paula said...

Hiya Linda welcome back.Both cards are beautiful.
Paula xxxx

Joey said...

Hi Hunny, happy belated birthday to your son, these are gorgeous cards!! I love the sugar bowl card gorgeous colour combo. Joey.x

Anonymous said...

WOW! You've been busy!! What amazing creations you've been doing!! :) Love your beautiful papers!! TFS!

Becky said...

Both beautiful cards Linda, loving all your die cutting, I am starting to invest in more and more punches. Adorable colour combinations once again too!
Weather hasn't been too bad here although it's gone a bit grey so maybe it's the start of the rain for us too!
Love Becky xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, love the images and all the beautiful papers and wonderful details. Hugs Nikki x

Unknown said...

That punch is awesome! Gonna have to check it out. Your card is too btw! Thanks for sharing.

Roberta

Lilian said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I love the color combos all the way to the beautiful insides. Hope you had a great time with your son on his birthday! :)
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one to :)

Anita said...

Oh my word Linda, the Sugar Bowl week 11 challenge card is absolutely beautiful! Glad to see you're back in the swing of things again!

Anita
http://stampinwithanita.com/

Karin said...

gorgeous card Hun.
Love the bright green and pink on the first one.

And the lay-out and fun stamp on the second one are fabulous.

xoxo karin

Kathy said...

Oh fabulous card Linanna!! I am so glad you liked the sketch! I am so loving the colors and papers that you have used and your details are so pretty!
I hope that your weather gets better and that your week-end was lovely! With kids time really flies doesn't it!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to do the sketch and I hope to see you at The Sugar Bowl more often!!
:)Kathy

Wellnifty said...

Fabulous..love them both

Chris x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

thank you for entering my blog candy.
your card is wonderful
have a great weekend
claudia

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...