Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge Wk 11 - Flowers and Happy Birthday

I trust everyone has had an enjoyable bank holiday weekend and Memorial Day (for US readers). Well it looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse again, it is raining cats and dogs outside!!!!! quite appropriate as later this morning i am off to look at a dog. Will explain that later on.

We celebrated my sons 18th birthday over the weekend, where have the last 18 years gone? i couldn't get a photo of him as he hid everytime i got the camera out!!

At the moment im feeling quite on top of things but im not sure how long that is going to last. I can't believe i have made challenge cards this weekend. Anyway the first is my Sugar bowl Challenge Card.



SUGAR BOWL CHALLENGE WK 11
I am certainly cutting it fine with my entry into this weeks Sugar Bowl Challenge week 11, and what a fabulous sketch by the wonderful Kathy. I am definately going to be using this one again and again.
I decided to use up the rest of my papers by Making Memories in this particular range (whose name i don't know!). These papers were just a dream to work with!
The gorjuss girl image is one i had pre coloured on holiday.

I have attempted to write the text, hope it doesn't look too awful!

I am loving my Martha Stewart border punch as you can see!


Corners are a Revolution die cut




The inside of my car decorated, as i am loving the idea of the card being special both inside and out.




BIRTHDAY WISHES

Bank holiday was my friends sons birthday, this is the birthday card i made for him. I have decided to use this image for some of my fathers day cards this year with a caption like "Dad you still Rock!" what do you think? I always struggle with mens cards, so will be checking out your blogs for some inspiration!

This is a wonderful Pink petticoat download and papers from a HOTP pad. Those papers are yummy!



I hope you all have a lovely day will be back this afternoon with my Creative Card Crew challenge DT card, enjoy your morning.
Hugs Linda x






22 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, gorgeous cards Linda. x

Moni said...

So gorgeous cards Linda, love the images and the papers! Hugs, Moni

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful images and papers.
luv
Debby

nessy said...

yes at last i can write a comment ~don`t know what happened linda but the old blogger over the last few days ~would not let me write on your blog again!!
so here goes !!
gorgeous cards linda , you have been busy ~ glad you had a great weekend and enjoyed all the photos and previous cars you have shown!!
still no scholl runs this week ~have to say the weather is so sunny and warm down here on the dorset coast!!
have a good day
vanessa xx

Nannieflash said...

Morning Linda, well I see you have been extremely busy with your beautiful cards, I hope that you are ok and enjoying being back in harness again. Take care lots of love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Linda, I love the papers on the first one so pretty, beautiful colouring, glad you're feeling ok hugS Jill xx

fairymadjo said...

wow gorgeous cards hun.huggs jo x

Kazabing said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda. Colours on 1st card are fab. Glad you are feeling OK.
Hugs
Kaza.xxx

cats whiskers said...

Morning sweetie 2 fab cards again love the green and pink one my fav colour combo. Hope you had a great weekend, we have rain and more rain here and I have got to go to the Village today (half hours walk each way)
Hugs Jacqui x

Amanda's paper palace said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card Linda!I have had those paper's year's and still not used them lol maybe i will now,you have inspired me :)
hugs amanda x

Paula said...

Hiya Linda welcome back.Both cards are beautiful.
Paula xxxx

joey said...

Hi Hunny, happy belated birthday to your son, these are gorgeous cards!! I love the sugar bowl card gorgeous colour combo. Joey.x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW! You've been busy!! What amazing creations you've been doing!! :) Love your beautiful papers!! TFS!

Becky said...

Both beautiful cards Linda, loving all your die cutting, I am starting to invest in more and more punches. Adorable colour combinations once again too!
Weather hasn't been too bad here although it's gone a bit grey so maybe it's the start of the rain for us too!
Love Becky xx

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, love the images and all the beautiful papers and wonderful details. Hugs Nikki x

Roberta Laliberte said...

That punch is awesome! Gonna have to check it out. Your card is too btw! Thanks for sharing.

Roberta

Lilian said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I love the color combos all the way to the beautiful insides. Hope you had a great time with your son on his birthday! :)
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one to :)

Anita said...

Oh my word Linda, the Sugar Bowl week 11 challenge card is absolutely beautiful! Glad to see you're back in the swing of things again!

Anita
http://stampinwithanita.com/

Karin said...

gorgeous card Hun.
Love the bright green and pink on the first one.

And the lay-out and fun stamp on the second one are fabulous.

xoxo karin

Kathy said...

Oh fabulous card Linanna!! I am so glad you liked the sketch! I am so loving the colors and papers that you have used and your details are so pretty!
I hope that your weather gets better and that your week-end was lovely! With kids time really flies doesn't it!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to do the sketch and I hope to see you at The Sugar Bowl more often!!
:)Kathy

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

Fabulous..love them both

Chris x

Claudia Rosa said...

thank you for entering my blog candy.
your card is wonderful
have a great weekend
claudia

You Tube Giveaway running till the 6th April

I am running a give away on my You Tube Channel, the closing date for entering is the 6th April.  For a chance of winning you need to subscr...