Saturday 17 April 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge 8 - Something Orange


Wow, what a fabulous day, the sun has been out, and its very warm outside. So much so we have decided to have our first barbeque for this year. I have been trying to get ahead with all my DT work, and scheduling all my posts ready when im away next week.

We had breakfast at Frank and Benny's this morning as a special treat, and walked Rocky Bear in the bluebell woods. Thought I would share a few photos with you that i have taken, in my special place! The bluebell woods is about a 10 minute walk from where we live, and since the beginning of last week, i've visited it, pratically every day, I just love it there. Some of the bluebells are out, but by next week they should have produced a sea of blue flowers, I can't wait to get back from Shepton Mallet and go take a visit, along with my camera!
This is my lovely daughter Jasmine and Rocky Bear, looking for some wild deer!!
Me and rocky bear taking a much deserved rest, the dog felt a need for a more comfy seat than the log I was sitting on!!

Three of the 5 special males in my life, typically - they are all sitting down again!!!!


Hubby and Bear looking for the birds. Bear is spooked out by the birds singing when its all quiet!
With me going away in the week I decided to spend my time with the family, however, they had different ideas, so I did manage to make a card for one of my favourite challenges!

Its challenge 8 at the Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge. I love this challenge, its a great way to use up those bits of paper sitting in your scrap pile. The lovely Maria from Stampin Inspirations have challenge us to use something Orange this week from our scrap pile. I have had several bits of orange card in my pile and found some oddments of ribbon too. I have used my Penny Black stamp - "Flying Stars" and my distress inks.

I am still loving the easel cards at the moment, and thought it would be perfect for the retirement card i have been commissioned to do.
With the addition of some stickles and glossy accents, this was a very quick card to put together.


The sentiment was done on my PC and the mats are cut from my nestabilities.


If you havn't seen this challenge before go take a look, its a great way to clear your scrap pile.



Enjoy your weekend, look forward to catching up with you soon, Hugs Linda x

22 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Hi hope you are doing ok. Looks like you had fun on your walk. Great card. Anesha

angelwhispers said...

Love the card the image is brill and looks fantastic in these orange colours!!!! Have a great weekend Love Chanelle xx

Betty J Schaub said...

You, your family and dog are very handsome group. Your card is AWESOME!

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi Linda, great photies and the card is beautiful love your colour choice have a fantastic weekend ju x

jackiescrafts said...

Hi Linda, I love your orange card it's very elegant. I'm just getting into easel cards and love them too

Just want to say sorry I've not been around much recently, if you visit my blog you will see why. Thank you for my birthday card too it's brill

I hope you and the family are ok, it looks like you had a lovely walk in the woods. Our bluebells are no where near out yet

Hugs Jackie x

jo said...

hi hun, wow looks like you have all had a great walk :) .
i love the stamp you used hun its stunning yor card is just soo stunning :) hugs jo x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Linda, ohh I love that stamp so pretty and I love the touches of sparkle, gorgeous pics too hugs Jill xx

Jen said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.
I love your card, the stamp is beautiful!
Love to you and your family
Hugs
Jen x

Bubbles said...

Hi Linda, gorgeous card, vey elegant! Fabulous photo's you have shared esecially the ones of you and Jasmine with Rocky Bear!!
Joanne x

Tracy said...

Lovely family photo's, and a gorgeous card, love the stamp you used, have a great week.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Joan Ottevanger said...

Hi Linda,This card is so elegant and beautiful love it very much.
Hugs Joan.

Lesley said...

hi huni....wow ur pics are fab!! and your card is gorgeous!...have a fab weekend...hugs Lesley xx

The twins mum said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic day and look how big your puppy is.Fantastic card orange is one of my fav colours so bright and cheery. Take care
Maree
x

Leah said...

Looks like you had a fun day! Gorgeous card, love the colors:)

Fiorella said...

What a nice family!!!! and the bluebell wood looks like a special place.
Love your card
Fiorella

Annie said...

your card is stunning and I love the pics of you and your family out and about. and thank you so much for the beautiful birthday card and gift that arrived on Friday - I am so going to have fun colouring in that image! enjoy the rest of your day.
hugs, annie x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Linda this card is awesome it is simple yet so elegant and very beautiful. I have sooooo enjoyed looking at your pictures so much contentment I look forward to seeing the bluebells when they have all bloomed a wonder of nature.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Macpurp said...

what fantastic picture! bear is very handsome! I love bluebells! a wood of them always looks amazing!

have a lovely week away

love tina xx

Steph said...

wow, Linda, this is gorgeous. I love the 3d, glossy bits you've added. Love the colour too! Hope you are well. Sorry I haven't been around much, so busy with the house move plus terrible internet connection!! Hopefully will be back to blogging now! x

Crystal said...

Linda your card is sooooooo beautiful!!! WOW just gorgeous girl and those pics are GREAT!! Looks like you guys had a really great time...Your puppy is just the sweetest! Hugs!

Kathy said...

Pretty card! Love the colors and the flower print is so pretty!!
WOW your dog is gorgeous!!! My brother had a rottweiler and they have the cutest puppy faces!!
Thanks for sharing!
:)kathy

Maria said...

What pretty pictures, Linda! You have a beautiful family. I love your pretty orange card. . .lots of orange going on with your card. Fantastic!!! I love the image too. Thank you for playing along in the SPS challenge!!

Maria

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...