Sunday 7 February 2010

Friday Sketchers Week 88

Happy Monday morning my lovelies. I am sitting here in the conservatory with the heater on. The central heating is on already but barely touches this room. SSSSShhh just dont tell hubby. I am sitting looking out the window where it is blowing a small snow blizzard - it looks soooo gorgeous. of course its not settling, which i suspect is probably just as well as i can't possibly not take Jasmine to school this week because i can't drive in it. Not as its the last few days before half term. Yeahhhhhh! looking forward to a relaxing week, and it appears hubby might even take some days off too so we can have a couple of days out. That would be nice, seeings as we are not having a holiday this year.

I trust you are all well, and relaxed after the weekend, hope you fit in plenty of crafting this week.



This week at Friday Sketchers is a fabulous sketch by Tanja. What an absolute joy to work with. Love all the layers and getting to use all those yummy papers.
Still loving these sweet pea images, as you can see im still loving the same colours too!!!! have pratically coloured this in the same colours as the last image i used, albeit they are different images. In my defence i had to use the colours to blend with the papers by K & Co - Smitten. The heart accents were a RAk from the lovely Janell, thank you hunny.

I must say i think i should have allowed the watercolours to dry before added the darker colours as you can see i have some smudging!!! (dont look too close).
I have amazed myself how many challenge ive actually entered in the last week, its taken me a long time to get motivated, but im finally there. Long may it last!


This is the sketch for this weeks Friday Sketchers Challenge #88. What a dream!
Have a great day off to do a bit of blog hopping, hugs for now Linda x



28 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's stunning! love those papers and your colouring is just beautiful!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Gorgeous, you did an amazing job with this image!! Fantastic job on the layout too Linda!!! WOW beautiful card!

angelwhispers said...

The card is fab and your colouring is lovely!! just love these images!!

gina g said...

Hi Linda gorgeous card i love these stamps as you've probably guessed lol. Thank you for the info on who's sketch i had used lol. luv gina xx

Danielle said...

Linda, this is such a beautiful card! Wow - the image is fantastic and your choice of colours with that dp is gorgeous! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & leaving a comment - it is truly appreciated! I'll be back here for sure - your work is beautiful!
Hugs, Danielle

Mette said...

Dear Linda

Another stunning card. Your colouring is just superb and the elements work so well together.

Hugs, Mette

Annie said...

wow! stunning card Linda, I love your new fairy images and the cards you are making with them. Hope you don't get any more snow this week!
hugs, annie x

Bubbles said...

Oooooo..... Linda what a very rich and stunning card, your colouring is wonderful!
It has just stopped snowing here, like you it hasn't settled at all, it's nice to look at but boy is it freezing outside, just did the school run and wish I'd put my scarf and gloves on!!
Take care,
Joanne x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Linda,good to hear yo got your mojo back!!!
Luvly card & warm colours for this very cold day :o)x

Mina said...

stunning card Linanna...beautiful coloured and your colours are beautiful with the image
Mina xxx

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow! This card is stunningly gorgeous! Fairy images are a favorite of mine and these are top notch. Great coloring, shading and design! Very inspirational. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment! It was very much appreciated!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Linda,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Becky said...

Wow! Another gorgeous card Linda!! I do love these funky images!!
We have had little whispers of snow all day, think we'll get more in a few days (oh no, not again!!)
Love Becky xx

Unknown said...

Hi Linda

What a stunning card, I love these Sweet Pea images, and your colouring is wonderful and matches the papers perfectly. Hope you are keeping well and enjoy your few days out with hubby.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Shelly said...

Such a gorgeous card Linda, the image is lovely and the papers yummy! Hope the central heating got to you... nothing better than watching the snow through the window of a warm & cosy house!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great card. I love this faerie image...and you did such a great job coloring her...there is so much dimension on your card.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Linda this is a real true beauty these images just take my breath away I just hope when I finally getting around to using mine I can make a good a job as you.

Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, fabulous image.
luv
Debby

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the strong colours. Anesha

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous. Love the design and colours. Wishing you a happy and loving Valentines.
Hugs
Desire

Nannieflash said...

Hi Linda, well your card is quite stunning, I do hope that you are taking it easy and the snow hasnt stayed to long to make life unbearable. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Susie Sugar said...

Totally stunning darling and and your colouring is perfection Fantastic work
Hugs Susie xx

Kim Dellow said...

Wow! That is just gorgeous, just love the colours. Kim

Denise Marzec said...

WOWW, pretty!

Maya said...

Ohhh my!!!
This is out of this world gorgeous, Linda!!
Such a gorgeous image, and colors!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Donna said...

This is so pretty Linda, I love the stunning image and the gorgeous colours :) Donna x

Stephanie said...

Still making gorgeous cards I see Linda :) Hope you're well my love, take care (& stay warm!) Love Steph xxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Linda I love this image and your card I am awaiting the arrival of my sweet pea stamps and my hands are itching to colour one in. You have a lovely evening too hugs Pascale x

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...