Tuesday 23 February 2010

A Challenge Card and More

Good morning its Tuesday again and back to the school. Luckily for me my dear hubby took Jasmine this morning, as i didn't want to spend too much time away from the telly and the QVC craft day!!

I have already been naughty and ordered the Tim Holtz TSV. I have been on a tight budget, but just could not resist this fantastic buy. Will be stalking the postman for the rest of the week now, till he brings my longed for package!

Hope you all had a fabulous half term break. I did notice blog lad was a little quieter than usual. I myself had very little time to play. Am hoping to get back into the swing of things now, with maybe some inspiration from some of my favourite challenge blogs.

I found this Moving with the Times Challenge blog this morning and decided to make a card with it. Because i wanted to do something quickly i used a topper i already had. A naughty cheat i know, but i have so many toppers i brought in a sale that i really need to use them up! I have decided i need to have another clear out of my crafting stash, so will be selling off some more stamps and other bits and pieces, so watch this space !

Enough rambling from me and onto firstly the

Moving Along With the Times Challenge No 34 - A Sketch from Heidi
An image from a pack i brought from Create and Craft in their sale. Great for quick cards, and no colouring!! Papers from my box of Scraps i believe they were Joanna Sheens ginghams. I just love gingham!

A Card for a Special Friend, just because........
I've been trying to use up some scraps of paper and all those embelishments that are sitting in rows of jars on my shelving!


This script embossing folder is my favourite and one i use over and over, which is more than can be said for so many others!



Christmas Card
Using up the rest of my Basic Grey pad from before - ive used it all now, onto the next pad, but which one????!



I just adore the Lili of the Valley die cut images, they are just perfect for quick makes!



Back to QVC for an hour or so, have already walked the dog, but havn't started on the housework yet!
Enjoy your day, big hugs Linda x





19 comments:

Riet said...

Beautiful cards Linda,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Bubbles said...

Oh Linda you naughty girl, keep that purse in the kitchen away from the phone lol!!! No go on treat yourself you deserve it!
Beautiful cards again today, the topper on the first card is adorable, and always good to have when you don't feel like colouring! The friend card is so elegant all in white, the little flowers make it!
You are cracking on with your christmas cards, you'll have them all made by easter at this rate lol!!
Hope you are all well.
Joanne x

Tracy said...

Fabulous cards Linda, I love the first one, the image is delicious. I so want that Tim Holtz set, working on the hubby.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

clare said...

Happy Tuesday Hun xx Hope your all well...you've been so busy since my lasy visit with as always gorgeous creations.

A great take on Heidi's sketch..love the topper..and the choice of colours...thanks for taking part in MAWTT good luck hugs Clare DT x

Crystal said...

Good Morning Linda....Oh my these are wonderful creations...Great images, colors, and designs girl!!! Have a wonderful day!

Mel said...

Wow these are just beautiful cards Linda.
hugs Mel

Nannieflash said...

Hi Linda, youve been a busy lady, love all your beautiful cards theyve turned out stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Rosemary said...

Linda how beautiful these cards are. Love them all .

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! You've been sooo very busy girl!! I love them ALL!!! Stunning details and coloring!! I'm so happy to be able to see you again my friend!! Thanks for stopping by!! HUGS

Steph said...

What a beautiful set of cards, Linda. Glad to see your priorities lie with crafting rather than housework! lol. Am blogging with my laptop in front of the tv so thought I'd pop on QVC and see what's happening. The Tim Holtz book looks good! ps what BG pad was that on your Xmas card? I love it!

Marlene said...

Fabulous!! Just fabulous!!!! I am in love with that last Christmas card. TRUE LOVE. :)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Linda, glad to hear that half-term was OK for you. I struggled with everyone around but one went back to school on Monday and the other goes back to college on Thursday.

What a gorgeous array of cards. You seem to be using things up like me. I've only printed off a couple of backing papers since 1 January 2010 (as my New Year's Resolution was to use backing papers up that I'd bought and also been given) for commissioned cards but otherwise have been using up my stash.

Make sure you shout LOUD when you are selling things off as I'd like to have a look as different things will help me and will help you to clear some space .......................... for more stuff!!!!

I also bought the TSV as my Valentine's present from hubby as I wanted a watch set but couldn't decide which but then I saw this and I was swayed to the TSV!!!!

Take care. Hugs to a certain four-legged friend.

Best wishes, Kym xxx

Sue said...

Hi Linda,wow lots of gorgeous creations,really love the LOTV die cuts they are fab and the topper on the first card with the ginghams is beautiful ,thanks for joining us at MAWTT:)

love and hugs to ya:)

sue
xx

Jill said...

aww Linda they are all absolutely gorgeous I love the script embossing folder, and the friend card is stunning, good to see you crafting again hugs Jill xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Linda these are so beautiful I love that gingham one which always appeal to me and that embossing is gorgeous I love them

Hugs
Lorraine x

Rosanne said...

What beautiful cards!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Linda these are gorgeous. I have favourite embossing folders and some I dont't use too.
luv
Debby

Cami said...

I'm enjoying all your beautiful cards, Linda! You've been busy in a nice, crafty way, but oh oh, you bought something again eh? LOL! I'm glad you're posting again so I'll be back. I've been busy also and only now finding time to make something! Big Hugs, Cami

Katarina said...

Gorgeous card. Love those stamps.

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...