Tuesday 20 October 2009

CCC Week 33 - Children and Babies Cards/Some flower arranging!

Good evening everyone, i can hardly believe another week is ahead, and its Wednesday again tomorrow !!! i am sorry for my lack of blogging, i didn't have a very good week. Last week i had terrible indigestion/heartburn for 2 days which was very painful. Then come the weekend i ended up with terrible monthly pains. I am still suffering a bit and feel absolutely exhausted. I can not tell you how much im looking forward to half term week and those lazier more relaxed mornings! Hubby has next week off so i suspect i will not be online much. Not that you will notice much different i suspect, as ive hardly been a good blogger of late!
By the weekend i will be posting on some more stamps that im selling and also some dies. I am trying to make some more space.
Well its week 33 already at the CCC, so on with my post!
CCC Challenge Week 33 - Children and Babies
Its week 33 at the Creative Card Crew Challenge and this week i wan to see cards for children or babies. I loved making cards for this, and hope you will go over the the Challenge Blog to get more inspiration from my fellow DT members.
Using more of those gorgeous Lili of the Valley die cut images. I just can't tell you how much i love these, they are perfect for quick cards! Not sure what the papers are but using my favourite fiskars border punch and ribbon from stash.

This time a christmas card for a little girl. I am loving these adorable Lili of the Valley stamps, i have coloured this image using my pro-markers. The snowflakes are punches, with the bigger one being the cuttlebug snowflake die.


Another one of the Lili of the Valley die cuts


And more die cuts!!!
Flower Arranging

I am on week 4 of my flower arranging course. Last week we did our first arrangement in class. This is what i did in class, again not as the tutors, but as they say practice makes perfect, so, i am getting in as much practice as i can!!


Came home and popped to the florist wholesaler to get more flower and have another go. I just adore fresh cut flowers, so now i have an arrangement in every room!




Made these little posies in some ordinary terracotta flower pots. Roses and carnations are my favourite flowers as well as gerberas.





This was my favourite arrangement so far, but the photo is very dark, i am going to take another one tomorrow and hope it will give you a better idea.




So sorry this seems to be a long post, hope you are not all bored. I am still behind with my blogging but hope to catch up a bit over the next couple of days and definitely over the weekend.
Hugs Linda x






34 comments:

Nilla said...

Sorry to hear you where not well, hope you are better now! Wow, what beautiful creations both flowers and cards!! Love them! Hugs Nilla

Becca said...

You are so talented. from cards to flowers..wow....very nicely done.

Claire Ellen Designs said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon hun, hate to think of you being poorly.
Lovely things in your post, you have been a busy girl,
hugs,
Claire xx

Dawny P said...

Ohh sorry you've not been well chick. Hope you are better now xxx LOADS of fabulousness here I think. Love all the cards and your flower arranging is gorgeous xxx

Squirrel x said...

Blimey hun, considering you have been poorly you have certainly been a busy bee! Fabulous cards and flowers. My fave card is the first one, so very cute. Gentle hugs and hope you feel better soon. Squirrelxx

Cami said...

Oh Linda, hope you are feeling much better! Your flower arrangment class is coming along great! Look at all these lovely arrangements you have put together! Your home must smell so sweet with all the flowers emitting their own lovely fragrance! You have been very busy making cards and arranging flowers! Well, I hope you have a more relaxing weekend with your hubby and just relax! Hugs, Cami

Crafting Queen said...

Hope you have a better week. Cards are adorable as every. Your flower arrangements are wonderful! Have a lovely day.Anesha :-)

jenny said...

Gorgeous cards Linda and the flower arrangements are stunning! Roses and carnations are my favourites too :0) Your house will smell lovely!

Jenny x

debby4000 said...

Adorable cards, they're are so cute.
Wonderful flowers and hope you feeling better.
luv
Debby

Bubbles said...

Hi Linda, sorry to hear you've had a rough week, and hope you are feeling better again real soon. Will be nice for you to have hubby home with you next week as you said even if it is to take things a bit easier!
Loving all of your gorgeous cards, they are all so pretty!
You'll soon have a flower arrangement for every room lol!! They are looking pretty good to me, I love the big lily in the first piccie, think these have to be one of my fave flowers!
Take care,
Joanne x

Nannieflash said...

Goodness gracious that floral arrangement is certainly better than anything I can create. Well done Linda, you are getting on brilliantly with your classes. I love your cards by the way, your becoming very talented will all these extra strings to your bow. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Steph said...

Hope you're feeling better today. Wow, I'm knocked out by your flower arranging- they look fab!! Great cards as usual toox

Rosemary said...

Beautiful cards and now flower arranging , you are very talented.

Tracy said...

Hi Linda,
Fantastic flowers and great cards, what wonderful creations. Feel better soon love.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kristen H said...

Here it is, the free Digi-Tom!
Thanks for coming by and checking it out. I hope you like it! Have a great day! Have fun with him, and if you want, let others know about the free image, thanks!
Your flower arranging is so beautiful. What a great talent you have, lucky lady! Your cards are phenomenal. They are so angelic and great for baby or young child. WOW, I am amazed!
Hope you feel better soon!!!

gina g said...

Hi Linda Sorry to hear you've not been well hunny i hope you are feeling a little better today...love the cards and the flower arrangements are beautiful, I'm looking forward to Stephs get together but am a bit nervous as i'm going on my own lol but it will be nice to meet some of the peeps in blogland lol. luv gina xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi there Linda, Hope you are feeling better hun, Gorgeous cards and the images are so cute, Wow, your flowers look awesome! Big Hugs, Nikki x

LOUISE said...

Hi Linda, wow, you certainly have been busy. All your cards are amazing, love all of them. And good job on the flower arranging, they are stunning too! Wish I could do that! Hope you are well, and look after yourself. Luv and hugs Lou x

Ila said...

Wow!! Beautiful cards and Gorgeous flower arrangements!!..You are very talented!!..I hope your feeling better now..Pretty soon my hubby will be home all the time..retirement..I wonder how much I will get done..lol...Hugs, Ila

Deb said...

wow, you have been busy! love those cards and your beautiful flowers! have a great weekend! hugs Debx

Cheryl said...

WOW the cards and flowers are stunning......such beautiful work!!! I hope you feel better soon!!
Hugs xx

jackiescrafts said...

Sorry to hear you have been poorly, hope you are feeling better by now.
Your cards are all brilliant and I love your flower arrangements

Hugs Jackie x

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Linda :)

Hope you are feeling better - go and get that heartburn checked out!!!

I love all your crafty stuff - unfortunately I am allergic to pollen so the closest I should get to flowers is through pics!!

Take care and have a lovely weekend :)

Dawn said...

Hiya Linda
Oh dear hope you're all better now, it's no fun being under the weather.
Love all your cards and the images are just adorable...

Great flower arranging too, my mum used to have a flower shop and I loved working there on weekends.

hugs
Dawn
xx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Gosh you have been a busy crafter too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, you're such a sweetie! Those die cuts are amazing! So cute and adorable! I love your cards and your flowers, wow! Such beauty comes from your hands! Hugs!!

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi linda, join the club with behind with the blogging lol, hope you are feeling much better and the cards and flowers are fab as always ju x

Stephanie said...

As much as your cards are amazing, my jaw really dropped when I saw your flower arrangements - I'd love to be able to do that!!

Take it easy, I'm looking forward to lay-in's during half term too :)

Hugs
Steph xxx

Enfys said...

Gorgeous cards, and even more gorgeous flowers. I have always wanted to learn how to do that... Glad you are feeling better, at least it wasn't the dreaded flu. Take care,
luv
En xx

strawberry fields said...

Linda your flowers are stunning!!! Am so impressed!
Love the cards too....you clever lady
hugs
fionax

Bubbles said...

Hiya, hope you are enjoying half term and having hubby with you. Just wanted to drop by and let you know I have a blog candy if you would like to have a go.
Joanne x

Emma said...

Wow Linda your cards are all gorgeous as always hunny and your flower arangements are stunning!!
Hope you are feeling loads better.
Sending hugs as always.
Emma xxx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Linda, these are lovely cards and those flower displays are gorgeous. If they don't look good you are lucky you've never seen any flowers I have arranged!!!!!!!!!!

The lovely Lindsay Mason passed an award onto me. I have to pass it onto five people and you are one of them. Please have a look at my blog so you can see the rules and what five facts I’ve put about me. I shall look forward to seeing what you put about yourself.

Here is the link to the post on my blog

Best wishes

Kym xxx

Tasha said...

Wow these flowers and cards are beautiful Linda
love tasha xx

Jill said...

wow wow wow Linda your floral displays are amazing! well done. Your cards are beautiful too, hope your feeling better soon hugs Jill xx

Creating Your Life with a love of Crafting

  Taken March 2020, a life changing trip for me, another step towards my new future, a future where I started to look beyond the illusion, b...